Occasionally, you might need to move your Invidyo camera to a new WI-FI network. Or you might have changed the password of your existing WI-FI network. In those cases, Invidyo will no longer be able to connect to your network and you will need to re-configure your camera.
Invidyo camera obtains your WI-FI information from QR codes during setup. However, once the setup is complete, it stops scanning QR codes to avoid accidental configuration. In order to update your WI-FI information, you will need to reset the Invidyo camera.
1. First, go the 'Events' screen of your camera and press the settings button.
2. Your camera settings will be displayed. Click "Change Wireless Network" to open that section.
3. Click "Change WI-FI Button" under "Change Wireless Network" section. This will launch the configuration wizard.
4. The first step of the wizard asks you to connect your mobile device to the new network that you want invidyo to connect to. Detailed information about this is given in the section Mobile Setup Guide
5. Once you connect your mobile device to the new network and switch back to the application, click next. You will be presented with the WI-FI password screen.
6. Now you need to reset your camera so that it can read QR codes. Locate the reset button at the bottom of your camera. Just tap the button with a pencil or a pin. You will hear the camera say"Setup" and the LED light start blinking green as explained in the Mobile Setup Guide Sections.
Note: If you are using the older camera model, press and hold the reset button until you hear the camera say 'Please show QR Code'. The reset button is at the back of the camera. It is the button to the left (looking at the camera from the back) of the power on switch.
7. Now follow steps 9-12 in the Mobile Setup Guide to generate and show your QR code to the camera and finish configuration for the new WI-FI.